First communion quotes: The First Communion is a milestone in the journey of a believer.
On this day the little Christian approaches for the first time the sacrament of the Eucharist, that is the solemn moment of the Mass in which the faithful are called to receive the consecrated host and, consequently, to feed themselves metaphorically on the body of Jesus Christ.
Traditionally, First Communion is a moment of sharing with relatives and friends of the boy who receives it and it is a good idea to come to the service with a present or, at least, with a beautiful congratulatory card.
First communion quotes
1. “Today with your First Communion, you will receive a precious good; keep it forever in your heart. May the Lord accompany you in a life full of joy.”
2. “On this day you are opening your soul to something great and magnificent. Cultivate this gift and make your existence a work of art.”
3. “Dearest (name), welcome the Grace of Christ with the smile that will accompany you forever.”
4. “May this day you receive your First Communion be the beginning of a peaceful and joyful journey.”
5. “Whatever you do, whatever path you choose, remember that Jesus is within you. If you look for him, he will be there. Good First Communion.”
6. “Receiving First Communion is like being born again with Jesus. Best wishes for this important day.”
7. “Today joy, love and serenity enter your heart. Keep them forever and live to make your dreams come true.”
8. “May the Lord welcomed into your little heart on this day transform you into an instrument of peace and love.”
9. “You have taken an important step towards the Light. Keep walking in peace with the Lord.”
10. “My wish that this Sacrament will help you in every moment of your life.”
11. “What you receive today will be the most important gift. It will help you overcome any obstacles along your life journey.”
12. “First Communion is a small step in the world of adults. Keep walking and enjoy your youth. One day you can run towards your dreams”
Famous First communion quotes
1. “Communion is the heart of Christian initiation and is the source of the very life of the Church.” – Pope Francis
2. “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry, whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.” – Jesus of Nazareth, Gospel of John
3. “Everyone needs Communion: the good ones to keep themselves good and the bad ones to make themselves good.” – St. John Bosco
4. “The encounter with Jesus is the beginning of a friendship for life.” – Pope Benedict XVI
5. “The Eucharist is the height of divine love. Here Jesus not only gives us his merits and his pains, but all of himself.” – Blessed Elizabeth of the Trinity
6. “As the living water digs deeply the more frequently it falls on the same point, so, in Communion, the soul penetrates the depths of divinity, its heart expands and participates in God himself.” – Santa Matilda
Short First communion quotes
1. “Feed your Faith every day.”
2. “We are close to you with affection on this Holy Day.”
3. “Always walk in the light.”
4. “Step by step and you will go far.”
5. “A special wish for an unforgettable day.”
Mother Teresa’s First communion quotes
1. “Jesus come into my heart, pray with me, pray in me, so that I learn from you to pray.”
2. “God created each human being in view of a greater thing: to love and to be loved.”
3. “Do not look for Jesus in distant lands: He is not there. It is close to you. And with you.”
4. “I am a little pencil in the hands of God.”
5. “Every work of love done with the heart brings us closer to God.”
Pope Francis First communion quotes
1. “Open your hearts and this strength of God will carry you forward, do miraculous things and teach you what hope is. This is the only price: opening your heart to faith and He will do the rest.”
2. “It is the Eucharist, which Jesus leaves us with a precise purpose: that we can become one with him.”
3. “Our hope is a Person, it is the Lord Jesus whom we recognize alive and present in us and in our brothers, because Christ is risen.”
4. “Also in our journey of faith it is important to know and feel that God loves us, not to be afraid to love him.”
5. “You who will make your First Communion, always remember, all your life, that day: the first day that Jesus came to us. He comes, makes himself one with us, makes himself our food, our meal to give us strength.”
6. “The joy of being loved by the Lord and of loving him. This is our most precious asset, our treasure […]. We are only clay pots, but we hold within us the greatest treasure in the world.”
7. “Communion is the heart of Christian initiation and is the source of the very life of the Church.”
8. “From this sacrament of love springs every authentic journey of faith, communion and witness.”
9. “Strength for a Christian comes from being in communion with Jesus.”
John Paul II First communion quotes
1. “Jesus awaits us in heaven! Never forget this supreme and comforting truth. And what is Holy Communion if not an anticipated paradise? In fact, in the Eucharist it is Jesus himself who awaits us and whom we will meet one day openly in heaven.”
2. “In the Holy Eucharist, we are in communion with Christ himself, the one priest and the only host, who involves us in the movement of his offering and his adoration, he who is the source of all grace.”
3. “Jesus is risen, he ascended to heaven; but he wanted to remain with us and for us, in all places on earth. The Eucharist is truly a divine invention!”
4. “Take your life in hand and make it a masterpiece.”
5. “Boys and girls, keep yourselves worthy of the Jesus you receive! Be innocent and generous! Commit yourself to making life beautiful for everyone with obedience, with kindness, with good education! The secret of joy is goodness!”
First communion quotes from the Gospel and the Bible
1. “If anyone loves me he will keep my word and my Father will love him and we will come to him and make our home with him ” – Jn 14:23.
2. “Do not be afraid, because I am with you; do not get lost, because I am your God. I make you strong and I also come to your aid and support you with the victorious right hand ” – Is 41, 10.
3. “This is my commandment: love one another as I have loved you. ” – Jn 15:12.
4. “Those who hope in the Lord regain strength, put wings like eagles, run without getting tired, walk without getting tired ” – Is 40, 31.
5. “Taste and see how good the Lord is; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him. ” – Ps 33, 9.
6. “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and it will be opened to you. ” – Mt 7, 7.
7. “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me will never be hungry and whoever believes in me will never thirst. ” – Jn 6:35.
8. “Man does not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God ” – Mt 4: 4.
9. “This is the day the Lord has made: let us rejoice and rejoice in it. ” – Psalms, 118, 24.
10. “Lord, my rock, my fortress, my deliverer; my God, my rock, in which I find shelter; my shield and bulwark, my mighty salvation ” – Psalm 18: 3.
First Communion Wishes
1. “The greatest gift you receive today is to have Jesus by your side. Turn to him when you need him, he will be able to show you the way. Best wishes for your First Communion!” –
2. “May Jesus make you His instrument of peace and love. Welcome our warmest congratulations and our best wishes. Happy First Communion!” –
3. “Today is an important day for your spiritual growth. Best wishes for your First Communion!” –
4. “May the Father fill you with love, Jesus Christ bring you hope and the Holy Spirit strengthen your faith every day of your life. Best wishes!” –
5. “May today’s blessing stay with you every day of your life. Happy First Communion!” –
6. “On this feast day it is a joy to see you grow up under the protective wing of Our Lord. Best wishes for your First Communion!” –
7. “On this important day, on which you receive your First Communion, we all wish you a peaceful future.” –
8. “Receive the joy of this day and keep it forever in your heart. Best wishes for your First Communion!” –
9. “May God give you for every storm, a rainbow; for each tear, a smile; for every concern, a solution, and help in every moment of difficulty; for every problem that life presents to you, a friend to share the burden; for every sigh, a sweet song; and an answer to your every prayer.” – Irish proverb
10. “On this day of infinite joy, Our Lord has descended into your heart. Always carry it with you. Best wishes for your First Communion!” –
11. “God’s word is like light in the night. Welcome it into your heart. Best wishes!” –
12. “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry, whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.” – Gospel – John 6:35
13. “May this day on which you receive your First Communion be the beginning of a peaceful and joyful spiritual journey. Best wishes!” –
14. “Man does not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.” – Gospel – Matthew 4: 4
15. “Meeting Jesus is the first step towards love and serenity. Happy First Communion!” –
16. “May the purity of this day always accompany you.” –
17. “The Eucharist is the height of divine love. Here Jesus not only gives us his merits and his pains, but all of himself.” – Elizabeth of the Trinity
18. “Today with your First Communion, you will receive a precious good, keep it forever in your heart.” –
19. “May the Lord make you an instrument of peace and love from today. Best wishes!” –
20. “First Communion is the first encounter with God. Let him take you by the hand and accompany you along the path of life. Best wishes from the heart!” –
21. “May the power of faith allow you to fulfill your every desire. Best wishes for your First Communion!” –
22. “On this special day the Lord caressed you and welcomed you into his Church. I hope that his embrace will always remain with you. Happy First Communion!” –
23. “Our affection for you is not as great as what Jesus showed you, but accept our wish that you always deserve His love. Best wishes!” –
24. “May you always keep alive in your heart the joy that shines from your face on this day of great joy. Happy First Communion!” –
25. “Many wishes for healthy growth in body and spirit. Happy First Communion!” –
26. “Today is the most important encounter of your life, the encounter with God. Follow it and you will find a path of love and happiness. Happy First Communion!” –
27. “With this first Eucharist you welcomed God into your heart. I hope that his delicate touch will always remain with you and that it will allow you to love your neighbor as he did with us. Happy First Communion!” –
28. “If you do not know how to recognize Christ in the poor you will not be able to find him even in the Eucharist. A single, identical, equal faith illuminates both things.” – Mother Teresa of Calcutta
29. “Everyone needs Communion: the good ones to keep themselves good and the bad ones to make themselves good.” – Giovanni Bosco
30. “The angels who circle around you sing celestial music. May their song accompany you gently throughout your life. Best wishes!” –
31. “Communion is the heart of Christian initiation and is the source of the very life of the Church.” – Pope francesco
32. “Today is the day when body and spirit meet. Best wishes for your First Communion!” –
33. “In the Eucharist there is the heart of the Church, the center of gravity of the world, of history; the passage to the eternal.” – Davide Maria Turoldo
34. “Through this sacrament of love comes every authentic journey of faith, communion and witness.” – Pope francesco
35. “A special wish for an unforgettable day. Best wishes for your First Communion!” –
36. “From today God will always be with you and through his light he will show you the way. Always follow her and she will protect you. Best wishes for your First Communion!” –
37. “In the Eucharist we break the only bread which is a medicine of immortality, an antidote not to die but to live in Jesus Christ.” – Ignatius of Antioch
38. “The Eucharist constitutes the summit of God’s saving action.” – Pope francesco
39. “Today you have reached another important milestone in your life. Best wishes for your First Communion!” –
40. “I hope that this encounter with God will help you in facing life and all the obstacles that will arise. Happy First Communion!” –
41. “Every time we take Communion we look more like Jesus, we transform ourselves more into Jesus.” – Pope francesco
42. “This is my commandment: love one another as I have loved you.” – Gospel – John 15:12
43. “Today Jesus enters your heart for the first time. Keep it always, keep it well and it will always be close to you. Best wishes!” –
44. “May the joy and faith of this day always remain in your heart and accompany you throughout your life.” –
45. “You who will make your First Communion, always remember, all your life, that day: the first day that Jesus came to us. He comes, makes himself one with us, makes himself our food, our meal to give us strength.” – Pope francesco
46. “May Christ and the angels always watch over you. Best wishes for your First Communion!” –
47. “Today is an important day. With your First Communion, Jesus will always be within you and will accompany you on the long journey of life. Best wishes!” –
48. “Today you joined the diners of Our Lord. Best wishes for your journey of faith!” –
49. “The measure of God’s love is to love without measure. And our life, with the love of Jesus, by receiving the Eucharist, becomes a gift.” – Pope francesco
50. “A thought for when you are older, which will make the memory of your First Communion appear more alive. Best wishes!” –
51. “Let us approach the Eucharist with an ardent desire that it burns our sins and enlightens our hearts.” – Giovanni Damasceno
52. “The true effect of the Eucharist is to become the body of Christ.” – Jacques Bénigne Bossuet
53. “May your future be as pure, white and clear as this day.” –
54. “A new life begins today for you: may it be full of joy and serenity. Best wishes!” –
55. “This moment will help you grow in the right way, accompanied by Our Lord. Happy First Communion!” –
56. “May the encounter with Jesus be the beginning of a lifelong friendship.” – Pope Benedict XVI
What does the First Communion represent?
In the life of a believer, First Communion is a fundamental stage. The child approaches for the first time the sacrament of the Eucharist, which is the solemn moment of the mass during which the faithful receive the consecrated host.
What to give for the First Communion?
It is a good idea to come to the celebration with a gift (a pen, a toy, a bracelet, etc.) for the boy or, at least, with a greeting card.