On June 2nd every year in USA People Celebrates National Rotisserie Chicken Day. It is the most loved dish by Americans, a symbol of tradition, the protagonist of Sunday lunches at the grandparents‘ home.
National Rotisserie Chicken Day History
National Rotisserie Chicken Day founded in 2015 April by Boston Market Restaurants. they want to celebrate the delicious crispy on the outside, tender and juicy on the inside Rotisserie Chicken.
National Rotisserie Chicken Day – A SIMPLE BUT NOT EASY RECIPE
- 1 free-range chicken, feather-free and with an empty interior
- 1 lemon
- 300 ml of water
- ½ spring onion
- 2 sprigs of thyme and rosemary
- 1 splash of brandy
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- Choice of garnish: salads, potatoes or roasted sweet potatoes.
- The first thing is to place the chicken on a rack in the oven, with a tray underneath. This will allow us to toast the skin and be truly tasty. Of course, if you have an accessory to make the chicken and turn it while it browns, even better. Take the opportunity to preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- If you bought it empty, add a branch of rosemary, another of thyme, a tablespoon of brandy, a few slices of lemon and salt and pepper. Do not forget to introduce half a lemon to close the chicken and cook it perfectly.
- Paint it with the oil, cut the half onion into thin strips and crush the garlic with a mortar. Place them on the chicken roast baking sheet, along with a few lemon wedges, other sprigs of rosemary and thyme, bay leaf, black pepper, and salt. Add the water and two tablespoons of brandy.
- Put the chicken in the oven, making sure that it is on top of the rack and that the tray is just below. Try to bake it for 30 minutes for every 500 grams of chicken so that it is the perfect texture, and don’t be afraid to add another 100 ml of water so that the sauce is thick and delicious.
- When you have 10 or 15 minutes to finish, turn the oven up to 200º and make sure that the skin is just the way you like it. Some like it less done and others love that it is very crispy, you can try to do it in different ways depending on the day.
- Finally, let it rest for about 10 minutes and carve the chicken roast with a large kitchen fork. Serve the sauce in a bowl and let everyone add whatever they want to accompany the succulent delicacy.
- You can accompany the chicken with a garnish of your choice: roasted sweet potatoes, a salad with corn and tomato or simply some fried potatoes that delight the little ones.
- The result is spectacular, and it is one of these snapshots that is worth sharing on social networks to impress friends. We hope you liked it, leave us a photo to see how it turned out!
Golden, crunchy, tasty. How do you prepare a perfect roast chicken? The classic recipe is simple (chicken, oil, salt and pepper), but the variables are endless: herbs under the skin, marinade, accompanying sauces, vegetable broth, wine or beer in cooking and so on and so forth. Endless ways to one goal: perfect roast chicken, with crispy skin on the outside and tender, tasty meat on the inside.
Perfect chicken should be perfectly cooked, but not dry. So the choice of cooking can make the difference: baked or on a spit?
In the oven, once you have chosen the chicken, just place it so that the thighs (fatter and fleshy) are in the hottest part, while the breast (which cooks earlier and tends to dry), goes into the less hot one.
However, establishing the right cooking heat is another much debated topic, also because everyone knows (or at least should!) Their oven. The important thing is to never leave the chicken while it is cooking, sprinkle it with its cooking juices or add oil or butter to the skin to prevent it from drying out too much.
Even the spit, or the rotisserie technique, guarantees the desired result: crunchiness outside, succulence inside. The chicken on the spit, well-positioned at the right distance from the heat, rotates slowly and steadily and, contrary to what one might think, does not dry the meat but rather is able to give that double consistency that makes the difference between a good dish and one absolutely delicious.
THERE IS NO CHICKEN WITHOUT POTATOES, OR MAYBE NOT?
In all recipes and in all variables, roast chicken is usually accompanied by potatoes, the most classic of cooking combinations. But how to prepare them? Together with chicken or with separate cooking? In fact, if cooking them together with the meat they would take on flavor and aroma, however, it would risk boiling them with the cooking sauce of the meat. That’s why many prefer to cook them separately and serve them together with the chicken at a later time.
But that’s not all. Chicken can also be served alongside other vegetables, strictly roasted. The list of alternatives is long and can include grilled tomatoes, peas, stuffed mushrooms, carrots or glazed onions. And to give yourself a tone, you can also prepare accompanying sauces, such as the classic barbeque, or one based on peppers, or more original ideas such as a Gravy sauce or a peanut sauce.