May 27, 2021 is sunscreen day and a clear sign that summer is just around the corner. The more intensely the sun shines, the more important it is to use sunscreen to protect yourself from the dangerous and painful sunburn. Sunscreen, also called suntan lotion, is a simple and effective way to prevent sunburn. It protects the skin from the sun’s ultraviolet rays and protects against serious skin damage such as skin cancer.
There are many different types of sunscreen that are suitable for many different skin types. The day of the sun cream is a good occasion to deal with the numerous variants and to find out which sun cream is best for your skin type and the respective sun intensity. But don’t forget to apply them and enjoy the sun well protected.
When is sunscreen day?
The United States celebrates its National Sun Screen Day on May 27th each year.
Who Started National SunScreen Day?
Well, even if the intention of today’s event is certainly clear – namely the protection of the skin from dangerous UV radiation – it is unfortunately also true in the case of National Sun Screen Day that its origins do not seem to be particularly well documented .
In the course of the research for the present article, I was unable to find any indication of a possible initiator or the specific year it was founded. It can be assumed that all occasions that arise from the minds of a marketing team in the US greeting card industry as part of the punchbowl.com web portal, a final confirmation is missing in this context.
Celebrate this special day of sunscreen and have a few important tips for you on how to properly apply the sunscreen:
- Prefer mineral sunscreen. This is free of harmful ingredients and protects your skin and the environment.
- Choose the right Sun Protection Factor (SPF) that works best for your skin type.
- Apply generously: Apply the sunscreen evenly on your skin
- Reapply regularly to maintain the protective effect
- Pay attention to the right time: With mineral sun cream like the one from the company “eco cosmetics”, you only need to apply cream shortly before sunbathing. The contained mineral pigments keep UV rays away from your skin like a thousand mirrors. So you don’t have to wait half an hour for the sun protection to be active.
- Don’t forget to grease the soles of your feet and ears as well
If you follow all of these points, then you are optimally creamed! A prerequisite for optimal sun protection is, of course, always that you avoid the blazing sun.