Unrequited Love Quotes: Everyone suffers from unrequited love, and even if it hurts, you have to move on. These pictures and phrases about unrequited love will help you face it better.
It is certainly not easy to deal with unrequited love. Energy, feelings and time are often invested in a relationship that is destined to never see the light and this can be frustrating. In some cases it is a friendship that hides a deeper bond on the part of one of the two, or a relationship with a person who already has his heart tied to another person, or even the end of a relationship … they exist many situations and different facets of unrequited love.
Whatever your situation, psychologists advise to let off steam, confide in a friend and, why not, find support in images and phrases of unrequited love that help us process our feelings.
Unrequited Love Quotes
There are very famous stories of unrequited love that we have surely heard about or that we have even studied at school. Dante and Beatrice, the young Werther and Lotte, Rossella and Ashley from “Gone with the Wind”, but also the famous Peanuts comics. Extremely different genres and areas, united by the same theme, in which we find heartfelt Quotes about unrequited love.
In fact, there is so much sentiment to express, that the pen of small and great writers has touched on this subject both in the form of Unrequited Love Quotes and books from which to draw sentences for unrequited love.
We have collected the phrases of unrequited love more touching and truthful to identify with:
1. “There is no punishment more severe than that suffered by the woman who finds herself imprisoned between a man she is in love with and another who loves her-” – Khalil Gibran
2. “Do not consider what can be achieved far away, even if the sunset arises in the middle, and do not consider close what is next to you, it is farther than the sun.” – Isabella Santacroce
3. “Living with someone you love can be more empty than living completely alone if the one you love doesn’t love you.” – Tennessee Williams
4. “When we truly love, we have no choice but to believe, accept, and hope that our love will be returned. But we cannot be sure, we have no guarantees in this regard.” – Leo Buscaglia
5. “Life is absurd. You find your soul mate, but you are not his.” –
6. “Unrequited love is a bit like the sneeze that stays in your nose.” – rosafantasia, Twitter
7. “Love flees like a shadow the real love that pursues it, chasing those who flee it, fleeing those who pursue it.” – William Shakespeare
8. “The one you love and the one who loves you are never the same person.” – Chuck Palahniuk
9. “Love is all the more probable the more it seems impossible.” – Jules Sandeau
10. “It is sad not to be loved, but sadder still is not being able to love.” – Miguel De Unamuno
11. “Still with diets? The only sure way to lose a lot of pounds is unrequited love.” –
12. “I like impossible things because you immediately see who runs away and who stays and tries.” –
13. “Impossible love She was very sweet. But he suffered from diabetes.” –
14. “Burning with desire and keeping quiet is the greatest punishment we can inflict on ourselves.” – Federico García Lorca
15. “Only unfulfilled loves are eternal.” – Roberto Gervaso
16. “The first love is never forgotten. But even the unrequited is no joke.” –
17. “Now that I’ve lost you, I know I’ve lost everything. Despite this, I cannot allow you to disappear from my life and forget me without knowing that I hold no grudge. I want you to know that I have loved you from day one and that I continue to love you, now more than ever, even if you don’t hear it.” – Carlos Ruiz Zafón
18. “In what sense if unrequited love happens to you, you can’t bring it to assistance and get one properly given?” –
19. “How many impossible loves: the dancer of the music box in love with rock music, the snowflake of the sea coral, the left hand in love with the right glove, the sunflower of the moon.” – Fabrizio Caramagna
20. “What a small, unbearable and useless freak of nature, unrequited love.” –
21. “Love is often not reciprocated: but hate is always.” – Ugo Bernasconi
22. “Have faith in love even when it hurts you. Don’t close your heart.” – Rabindranath Tagore
23. “You lowered your defenses, you made yourself vulnerable. You have put your treasure, fragile as a crystal, in the hands of another person. It hurts a lot when that person doesn’t welcome it.” – Jonah Lynch
24. “When you give someone your whole heart and they don’t want it, you can’t take it back. He is gone forever.” – Sylvia Plath
25. “It’s a weird pain… Dying of longing for something you’ll never experience.” – Alessandro Baricco
26. “Loving someone who doesn’t love you is like waiting for the train at the airport.” –
27. “The worst way to miss someone is to sit next to them and know that you will never miss them.” – Gabriel Garcia Marquez
28. “Only impossible love is truly romantic.” – Anonymous
29. “Passion consecrates us to suffering, since, after all, it is the search for an impossible.” – Georges Bataille
30. “The only truly human love is an imaginary love, which is pursued throughout life, which generally has its origin in the loved one, but which will soon have neither the proportions, nor the palpable form, nor the voice, to become one. true creation, an image without reality.” – Henri Laborit
31. “Unrequited love is the endless curse of a lonely heart.” – Christina Westover
32. “Anyone you love believes in the impossible.” – Elizabeth Barrett Browning
33. “We fall in love with things that don’t correspond to us. Maybe someday the universe will love us again, but now it has too many galaxies and stars twinkling in its hands.” – Fabrizio Caramagna
34. “Love is more beautiful when it is impossible, the most absolute love is never reciprocal.” – Frédéric Beigbeder
35. “Life is too short to waste it chasing an impossible love.” – Henri-Frédéric Amiel
36. “I love her and she doesn’t love me; I am writing to you, you do not reply; I look at her, she doesn’t look at me; I look for her and she hides.” – Arrigo Boito and Giuseppe Verdi
37. “Of all the jokes that fate holds for man, there is not one more terrible than an unrequited love.” – Maksim Gorkij
38. “There is no worse deaf than an unrequited lover.” –
39. “If you don’t take long, I’ll wait for you all my life.” – Oscar Wilde
40. “Only those who love without hope know love.” – Friedrich Schiller
41. “Unrequited love is the only one that resists the passage of time: we are faithful only to those who did not want to love us.” – Mauro Parrini
42. “I haven’t stopped thinking about you, I would love to tell you. I would like to write to you that I would like to return, that I miss you and that I think of you. But I’m not looking for you. I’m not even writing you bye. I don’t know how you are. And I miss knowing it.” – Charles Bukowski
43. “You want reciprocated love but you are not even able to match what you think with what you say.” –
44. “I had to stay away from him, away from that impossible love. I had to get him through. I had no choice.” – Federica Bosco
45. “If a plate or a glass falls to the floor you hear a thunderous noise. The same happens if a window slams, if a table leg breaks or if a painting comes off the wall. But the heart, when it breaks, it does so in absolute silence” – Cecelia Ahern
46. “I learned that there are impossible loves, unfinished loves, loves that could have been and have not been. I learned that a burning trail is better, even if it leaves a scar: better a fire than a heart in winter. I have learned that it is possible to love two people at the same time. Sometimes it happens: and it is useless to resist, deny, or fight.” – Ferzan Ozpetek
47. “Wanting something you can’t have hurts a lot: it takes great maturity to admit that something is out of our reach.” – Alain de Botton
48. “Who knows where the unrequited love goes, the one we give in silence. Who knows if it floats, flies or sinks.” –
49. “Luck is the greatest unrequited love of my life.” –
50. “If I wanted to write the story of an impossible love, I would write about the one between a word and a number” –
51. “Who knows if unrequited love or alcohol was born first.” –
52. “An impossible love is like a flower in the desert, it will always be the strongest and most beautiful of all the others.” –
53. “Love that lasts the longest is unrequited love.” – Somerset Maugham
54. “Only those who love without hope know true love.” – Pablo Neruda
55. “That’s life. Sometimes you think that two eyes are looking at you and instead they don’t even see you. Sometimes you think you have found someone you were looking for and instead you have not found anyone. It happens. And if it doesn’t, it’s a miracle. But miracles never last.” – Oriana Fallaci
56. “True love must always hurt. It must be painful to love someone, painful to leave someone behind. Only then does one truly love.” – Mother Teresa of Calcutta
57. “My biggest pain is not being able to do anything for the person I love.” – Jim Morrison
58. “I love life but sometimes I doubt that I am not being reciprocated.” –
59. “My heart no longer belonged to me. I felt like it was stolen from me, ripped from my chest by someone who didn’t want to be a part of it.” – Meredith T. Taylor
60. “If unhappy is the lover who invokes kisses of which he does not know the taste, a thousand times more unhappy is the one who barely tasted this taste and then was denied him.” – Italo Calvino
61. “Only impossible love can be eternal.” – Anonymous
62. “Until a few years ago, I too was telling myself the tale of Impossible Love. Then I realized that if a man loves you he wants you with him. Point.” –
63. “Loneliness is not being alone, it is loving others in vain.” – Mario Stefani
64. “Refusing to love for fear of suffering is like refusing to live for fear of dying.” – Jim Morrison
65. “Love forgives everything, except one thing, that of not being loved.” – H. Lacordaire
66. “There is nothing as mortifying as falling in love with someone who doesn’t share our feelings.” – Georgette Heyer
67. “It is already a happiness to be able to love, even when you are alone in loving.” – Théophile Gautier
68. “It’s not true that you don’t believe in love. You believe in it so much that you tear yourself up because you see so little of it and because what you see is never perfect.” – Oriana Fallaci
69. “A soul that is known to be loved, but which for its part does not love, reveals its own scum – what is lowest in it emerges.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
70. “With women who do not love us, as with the “missing”, knowing that there is nothing more to hope for does not prevent us from continuing to wait.” – Marcel Proust
71. “The deafening noise that unrequited love makes can only be silenced by breaking the wall of its no.” –
72. “Love is giving what you don’t have to someone who doesn’t want it.” – Jacques Lacan
73. “There is only one thing worse than a loveless marriage: one in which there is love, but only on one side.” – Oscar Wilde
74. “We are never so defenseless towards suffering as in the moment we love.” – Sigmund Freud
75. “For the warrior of light there is no impossible love. He does not allow himself to be intimidated by silence, indifference, or rejection. He knows that behind the ice mask that men use, there is a heart of fire. Therefore the warrior risks more than others” – Paulo Coelho
76. “It is not the people we love that disappoint us, but our own illusions.” –
77. “Love that exempts no one loved from loving in return.” – Dante Alighieri
78. “Unrequited love is a ridiculous state, and it causes those who have gotten into it to behave ridiculously.” – Cassandra Clare
79. “I can’t bear this unnatural silence between you and me.” – Antonio Diodato
80. “In one-sided infatuations the object of our love merely denies us hers. It takes away from us something that he had given us only in our imagination.” – Massimo Gramellini
81. “It is hard, no doubt, not to be loved anymore when you love; but nothing compared to still being loved when you no longer love.” – Georges Courteline
82. “What then for me the archetype of unrequited love remains Charlie Brown and his little red-haired girl.” –
83. “What is done out of love is always done beyond good and evil.” – Friederich Nietzsche
84. “They write “Impossible love” because calling it “2 of Spades” is less of a Romance.” –
85. “And she wasn’t stupid, she knew what she wanted. Only, he wanted impossible things.” – Cesare Pavese
86. “They said that ours was an impossible love but what they didn’t know is that we two know how to do the impossible very well.” – Gio Evan
87. “Nothing takes the flavor out of peanut butter like unrequited love.” – Charles M. Schulz
88. “Love is eternal until it is reciprocated.” –
89. “You understand that a person no longer loves you when he does not ask you how you are, when he is late, when he forgets you, when he has no more time. You realize it’s over when the space he outlined for you is shrinking. You understand that he no longer loves you when he does not heal your wounds, when he leaves the antidote at home, when he laughs with others and not with you. Love is a detail and it is a question of gestures, of looks. If they are missing, love is missing.” – Arthur Rimbaud
90. “Unhappy love is the heaviest suffering, but in turn the heaviest unhappy love, the most tormenting, is when the object of love is such that by its nature it cannot be loved, while for the lover it is it is the only object he desires with all his heart.” – Søren Kierkegaard
91. “Pure love is unrequited love.” – A. Morandotti
92. “It happens that you touch someone’s life, you fall in love and decide that the most important thing is to touch it, live it, live with melancholy and anxiety, get to recognize yourself in the other’s gaze, feel that you can no longer do without it … and what Does it matter if to have all this you have to wait fifty-three years, seven months and eleven days including nights?” – Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Love in the time of cholera
93. “If I hadn’t seen the sun I could have accepted the shadow. But the light made my desert more deserted.” –
94. “The only way to know a person is to love them without hope.” – Walter Benjamin
95. “Disappointments in love, even betrayals and abandonments, serve the soul at the very moment they seem to be tragedies in our life. The soul is partly in time and partly in eternity. We should remember the part that is in eternity when we feel desperation for the part that is in life.” – Thomas Moore
96. “When you love without causing love, that is, when your love as love does not produce mutual love, and through your life manifestation, as a loving man, you do not make yourself a loved man, your love is powerless, it is a misfortune .” – Karl Marx
97. “”Do people always fall in love with things they can’t have?” “Always,” Carol said.” – Patricia Highsmith
98. “Unrequited love is better than half-paid love. Those who love us a little make us suffer much more than those who do not love us at all.” – Alessia Gazzola
Poems about unrequited love
As in literature and music, there are also many unrequited love poems. By reading the poems about unrequited love you have the opportunity to introspect, look within yourself and find the strength to process this feeling and let go of a love .
When you love a person and your love is unrequited, in fact, you just want to give voice to your pain. But if you don’t find the right words, try to take inspiration from our proposals and find the unrequited love poem closest to your mood.
She still remained in my eyes, and in the uncertain ray of the sun to see her I still believed.
(Giacomo Leopardi – To Silvia)
The sun turned pale
and the moon turned black
because I loved
him and he didn’t love me.
I can love you
but only from a distance
is it easier to love certain people
in their absence.
She longed for a smile
a silent music
her impossible love.
Stay! Rest next to me. Do not go. I will watch over you. I will protect you. You will regret anything but coming to me, freely, proudly. I love you. I have no thoughts that are not yours; I have no desire in my blood that is not for you. You know. I do not see any other companion in my life, I do not see any other joy. Stay. Get some rest. Don’t be afraid of anything. Sleep on my heart tonight.
It tears your heart to pieces
It tortures your mind
It upsets your life:
Of an impossible love
It is difficult to get rid of it
Immediately my heart stirs in my chest only as soon as I see you, and the voice does not come out, and the tongue breaks. A subtle fire quickly emerges on the skin, and the eyes no longer see and the ears roar.
How heavy these days are!
There is no fire that can warm,
there is no sun that laughs for me,
only the emptiness is there,
only the cold and merciless things,
and even the clear
stars look at me disconsolately
since I knew in my heart
that even the love dies.
And I am hugging you
without asking you anything, for fear
that it is not true
that you live and love me.
I’m hugging you
without looking and without touching you.
I must never discover
with questions, with caresses,
that immense loneliness
of loving you only me.