World Environment Day celebrated In memory of the opening of the United Nations Conference on the Protection of the Environment on June 5, 1972, in Stockholm, the United Nations and four years later also the Federal Republic of Germany declared June 5 the annual “Environment Day”.
On this day, ecological courage is promoted globally with various events, campaigns and measures. Around 150 countries around the world take part in this World Environment Day, which aims to raise awareness that it is above all people who threaten the diversity and stability of the environment.
World Environment Day: what is the environment?
Definition : “Environment”
The environment in the broadest sense is everything that surrounds us. Many associates the term “environment” with nature, but the environment is even more than that. The environment is the living space of all living beings, including the earth and the air, but also the culture in which we live.
Whenever one speaks of environmental protection in the political sense, it means measures with which plants and animals, water and air are protected. The state regulates how the environment is dealt with. For example, it determines nature reserves, is responsible for the waste management system or issues rules to protect one’s own livelihood. As a result, we have clean water, are protected from too much noise and receive education on sustainability. In order to preserve the environment for a long time to come, science is increasingly researching in the field of ecological technology and renewable energies. Many organizations, associations and clubs also work regionally, nationally and worldwide for more environmental protection.
Everyone and everyone can protect the environment.
We as citizens are increasingly rethinking our lifestyle and our ecological footprint. For example, we ask ourselves how many things we really need to be able to lead a good life, how we can limit our plastic consumption or what resources we use. Because through our behavior we can all contribute to protecting the environment.
The best environmental protection quotes and sayings about sustainability
On this World Environment Day Are you looking for effective environmental protection quotes to inspire even more people to actively protect our nature? Excellent! If you want to change something and inspire others, you need effective words and the necessary motivation. This of course also applies to a sustainable life and the protection of our nature.
In this article you will therefore find a wide range of quotes and sayings about sustainability that motivate me and many other people to work for environmental protection every day. Here we go!
There are always phases in life when you need that extra boost of motivation. Memorable quotes give me this drive, especially in the areas of environmental protection, nature conservation, and sustainability. I want to make my favorite quotes available to you now.
1. “Our common mother nature shows her children more and more clearly that her patience is broken.” – Dalai Lama
2. ” It’s just a straw, “said 8 billion people.” ” – Unknown
3. “Animal welfare is education for humanity.” – Albert Schweitzer
4. “You are not sovereign if you have a lot, but need little. ” – Niko Paech
5. “Be the change you wish for yourself in this world. ” – Mahatma Gandhi
6. “We are not only responsible for what we do, but also for what we don’t do. ” – Molière
7. “We cannot change the wind, but we can set the sails differently. ” – Aristotle
8. “One should never doubt that a small group of smart, committed citizens can change the world. In fact, it is the only way that has ever succeeded.” – Margaret Mead
9. “Anyone who is cruel to animals cannot be a good person. ” – Arthur Schopenhauer
10. “Plans to protect the air and water, the wilderness and nature are also plans to protect people. ” – Stewart Udall
11. “Buy less, choose it carefully, let it be constant.” – Vivienne Westwood
12. “By nature, people are almost the same; only habits separate them. ” – Confucius
13. “The greatest danger to our planet is the belief that someone else will save it. ” – Robert Swan
14. “You don’t get facts out of the world by ignoring them. ” – Aldous Huxley
15. “We live in a dangerous time. Man controls nature before he has learned to control himself. ” – Albert Schweitzer
16. “Too many people spend money they didn’t deserve, to buy things they don’t want, to impress people they don’t like.” – Will Rogers
17. “Many would like to lead a simpler life if the way there wasn’t so complicated. ” – Justus Jonas
18. “Environmental protection is posterity protection. ” – Richard von Weizsäcker
19. “Your receipt is your voting slip. Every damn time. All the best. Your capitalism.” –
20. “We deal with this world as if we had a second one in the trunk.” – Jane Fonda
21. “To think about the end of everything you do, that is sustainability. ” – Eric Schweitzer
22. “By far the best mental health institution is the outdoors. ” – Ernst Ferstl
23. “Yes, we could do something about climate change now, but if we then found in 50 years that all the scientists have made a mistake and that there is no global warming at all, then we would have made sure that we ourselves were in the Cities can breathe the air again, that the rivers are no longer poisonous, that cars neither make noise nor smell and that we are no longer dependent on dictators and their oil reserves. We’d be annoyed.” – Marc-Uwe Kling
24. “If many little people do many little things in many small places, the face of our earth will change. ” – African proverb
25. “Those who have the privilege of knowing have an obligation to act. ” – Albert Einstein
26. ““Nature doesn’t need people – people need nature. Nature would easily survive the extinction of humans. However, people can not survive without nature.”” – Henry Ford
27. “As soon as you want to do good, you can be sure to find enemies. ” – Voltaire
28. “Our fate does not depend on the stars, but on our actions. ” – William Shakespeare
29. “As long as people think that animals don’t feel, animals have to feel that people don’t think.” – Unknown
30. “Any stupid boy can squash a bug. But all professors in the world cannot produce one. ” – Arthur Schopenhauer
31. “We inherited nature from our parents. But we also borrowed them from our children.” – Richard von Weizsäcker
32. “The world has enough for everyone’s needs, but not for everyone’s greed. ” – Mahatma Gandhi
33. “Only beautiful animals or ugly people wear fur.”
34. “It is cheaper to protect the planet now than to repair it later. ” – José Manuel Barroso
35. “The purest form of madness is to leave everything as it is and at the same time hope that something will change. ” – Albert Einstein
36. “I learned that you are never too small to make a difference.” – Greta Thunberg
37. “Whoever does what he can already do, always remains what he already is. ” – Henry Ford
38. “Nature never deceives us. It is always us who deceive ourselves.” – Jean-Jacques Rousseau
39. “People would rather perish than change their habits. ” – Leo Tolstoy
40. “Our planet is our home, our only home. Where should we go if we destroy it?” – Dalai Lama
41. “Lots of little people in lots of little places doing lots of little things can change the face of this world.” – African proverb
42. “The world is so beautiful and worth fighting for. ” – Ernest Hemingway
43. “The future is not a stroke of fate, but the consequence of the decisions we make today. ” – Franz Alt
44. “Do not focus all your energy on fighting the old, but on creating the new. ” – Socrates
45. “The world changes because of your role model, not because of your opinion. ” – Paulo Coelho
46. “If you truly love nature, you will find it beautiful everywhere. ” – Vincent van Gogh
47. “One must never stop imagining the world as it would be most reasonable. ” – Friedrich Dürrenmatt
48. “If slaughterhouses had glass walls, everyone would be a vegetarian. ” – Paul McCartney
49. “Only when the last tree has been cleared, the last river poisoned, the last fish caught, you will find that money cannot be eaten. ” – Wisdom of the Cree
50. “The same natural forces that enable us to fly to the stars also enable us to destroy our star. ” – Wernher von Braun
51. “Remember, it says best before “and not” immediately fatal from ” – Unknown
52. “Environmental protection is an opportunity and not a burden that we have to bear. ” – Helmut Sihler
53. “Woe to man if only one animal sits in the Last Judgment. ” – Christian Morgenstern
54. “Anyone who wants the world to stay the way it is does not want it to stay.” – Erich Fried
55. “All animals, except humans, do not know that the highest goal in life is joy.” – Samuel Butler
56. “What we do today determines what the world will look like tomorrow. ” – Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach
57. “Whales are the memory of the earth and keepers of time. When the whales no longer exist, the days of man will be numbered.” –
58. “The earth is not only our common heritage, it is also the source of life. ” – Dalai Lama
59. “Minimalism does not mean having nothing, but rather having no ballast.” –
60. “Learn from the speed of nature: its secret is patience. ” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
61. “The most environmentally friendly product is the one that you haven’t bought. ” – Joshua Becker
62. “Everyone wants to go back to nature. But not on foot.” – Werner Mitsch
63. “You can never solve problems with the same way of thinking that created them. ” – Albert Einstein
64. “Like music and art, love for nature is a common language that can transcend political and social boundaries.” – Jimmy Carter